This course is designed for dentists interested in securing the hours required to provide implant placement services in practice. The lecture hours include 35 hours each of surgical and prosthodontic combined didactic and clinical hours. Students are required to present their own cases and select patients requiring single or multiple implants.
Implant Dentistry 101
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained knowledge in the following areas:
· Principles of Implantology and Osseointegration
· Contraindications to Implants (Absolute and relative)
· Anatomical landmarks, medical evaluation of the patient
· Radiographic Techniques
· CBCT Use in Implantology – Navigation – Implant Site Assessment – Guided Surgery Planning Using CBCT
· Introduction to surgical treatment planning
· Selecting an implant system
· Surgical Principles, surgical techniques
· Local anesthesia and pain control
· Soft tissue Preparation – Osteotomy procedure according to the implant system – Flap Management – Closure – One stage vs two stage technique
· Recovery (2 months, 4 months, or 6 months)
· Impression Techniques
· Temporary prothesis
· Cemented vs Screw retained prosthesis
· Single crown
· Multiple unit bridge
· Full mouth rehabilitation
· Fixed vs removable
· Implant overdenture prosthesis
· Occlusion of prosthesis over implants with opposing natural teeth
· Maintenance of the Implant unit over the years
Dr. Heba Ibraheem DDS
Implant 101 course was a great introduction for me to the implant dentistry world. Before that course I have very limited experience with dental implants but after it gave me the confidence to place and restore straightforward implant cases. I have since placed and restored 20+ cases to mine and the patient satisfaction.
I highly recommend that course for dentists who know little about implants and want to elevate their practice.
Dr. Samar Khawaja DDS
I completed the dental implant course with Dentistry for Future. The course was comprehensive from both a theoretical and a practical standpoint. The instructors made themselves available, the course load was spread out so I was able to fit it into my busy work schedule, and the cost was reasonable. The practical part was well organized, the instructors were available to support us all the time. Since the completion of the course, I have placed 20 implants. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to practice dental implants.
Dr. Ahmad Alani DDS
I had a great experience taking the dental implant course with Dentistry for Future. the course was very comprehensive and well planned. The speakers were very knowledgeable and available to answer any question. They were also available after the course to guide me in my first cases. This allowed me to have a deeper understanding and confidence in placing and restoring dental implants. Since taking the course I have placed 14 implants. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn dental implants.